Europe Foundation statement on Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
MADRID Thursday, March 19th, 2020 | As of today’s, reports, the global number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has surpassed 200.000 and fatalities reached thrb8,000. The Europe Peace Foundation (EPF) closely monitors the latest developments on the spreading of the COVID-19 pandemic. Outbreaks and clusters of the disease have been observed in Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa and the Americas.
We (EPF) are calling on all countries to continue with their effort. Effort that has been effective in controlling the number of cases and ceasing the spread of the virus. Every attempt to contain the virus save lives. Uncontrolled spread should not be a choice in any government, as it will harm not only the citizens of that country, but other countries as well.
We must contain, control, delay, reduce and stop the impact of this virus at all cost. Everyone is on the capacity to contribute; protecting themselves is to protect others, whether at home, in the community, workplace or public transportation system.
We are now encouraging everyone to follow the strategies given to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Thus, keeping homes, schools, and commercial establishments safe. The EPF will continue to coordinate the international response, develop guidance, distribute supplies, share information for people to protect themselves and others.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and may, but are not limited to, include: Fever, fatigue and dry cough.
Some patients had experienced body-ache, congestion, runny nose, sore throat and diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and evolve gradually. Some of the infected persons do not experience any symptoms. They simply carry the virus.
What you can do:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Cover your mouth with a handkerchief when coughing, then dispose of it.
- Wash your hands, frequently, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect the objects and surfaces you enter in contact with frequently, using cleaning products or wipes.
For further information, please contact: Telephone: (+34) 910 231 214 firstname.lastname@example.org